- Jun 04, 2020
Legal Update by Attorney Alison Stewart
1. The Commissioner has extended the suspension of in-person hearings in regular procedure contested cases proceedings through at least September 14, 2020. More information can be found here.
2. The following information and resources will be in effect from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021:
- The mileage rate will be $0.575 per mile
- The Maximum Weekly Benefit amount for Temporary Total Disability (TTD), Healing Period (HP), Permanent Total Disability (PTD), and death benefits is $1,864.
- The Maximum Weekly Benefit amount for Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) is $1,715.
- The Minimum Weekly Benefit amount for PPD, PTD, and death
is $326. This is the figure that serves as the average weekly wage when the average weekly wage calculated is below this amount.
It is then necessary to take this figure and apply appropriate exemptions to determine the minimum weekly rate. A minimum rate does not
apply for temporary benefits.
- The Questions and Answers Brochure has been updated.
Peddicord Wharton will continue to monitor the ongoing circumstances and update as necessary.
If you'd like to sign up for our e-newsletter, please click here.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of a lawyer are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. This disclosure is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Iowa.
Peddicord Wharton Legal Updates are intended to provide information on current developments in legislation impacting our clients. Readers should not rely solely upon this information as legal advice. Peddicord Wharton attorneys would be pleased to answer any questions you may have about this update. ©2020 Peddicord Wharton. All Rights Reserved.